Removing original HUD through mutator?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Removing original HUD through mutator?

Post by AlCapowned »

Is it possible to remove the original HUD (or at least parts of it) through a mutator? I have a mutator that uses PostRender to show the HUD from the console version of UT, but the original HUD still appears. If players disable their HUD through the options menu, both the original and console HUDs disappear, so that isn't an option. Also, how would I make it so that the console HUD doesn't appear until the player spawns? Right now it shows up even when the player is spectating.
UT99.org

Re: Removing original HUD through mutator?

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Do not andestand
May be that CleanHUD for do a movie http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... eanHUD.rar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Removing original HUD through mutator?

Post by Feralidragon »

You can't disable "parts" of the HUD because the HUD does it all in a single class, and is all hardcoded.
But you can replace it indeed on the fly by your own, but I am not sure if you really want that (since you would have to make several different HUDs for every gametype: DM, TDM, CTF, AS, DOM, etc).
Removing it alone would obviously make the player completely HUD-less (no health view, no console view, no weapons view, nothing at all).

Anyway, in case you want to do so anyway, I think you have to replace the player's "myHUD" property by your own HUD (I think you may have to do something more, but I am not entirely sure, it's been years ever since I looked at that sort of thing).