Modify the Tournament Teamgame code to count monster frags

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
jaypeezy
Experienced

Modify the Tournament Teamgame code to count monster frags

Post by jaypeezy »

Greets, all.

Here's the question: So, if you play Monsterspawn/Swarmspawn/any monster spawning mod in Standard Deathmatch, player frags and monster frags are counted towards your score. This isn't the case when you play those same mods in Teamgame, monster frags go towards your PERSONAL score but not towards the team score.

I've tried looking into the code of the gametype before, but I'm afraid I don't know what I'm looking for. How could you change the code of the gametype, so that ALL frags count towards the team's score - not just frags on players from opponent teams?

I've seen mods like TallyHo do this, so it's gotta be possible.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Modify the Tournament Teamgame code to count monster fra

Post by MrLoathsome »

Check out what I did with this thing last year : http://www.ecoop.tk/load/utspfix/1-1-0-42

Full source is included. Pretty sure you can tweak the settings with that to make it score however you want.
And it fixes 99% of the log warnings/errors you get when adding U1 monsters to UT games.

Unless you really like coding, you might just want to play your games with those gametypes.

If you do really like coding, and have any specific questions about any of the changes I did
there in the ScoreKill or Killed functions, feel free to ask.
blarg
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

One of many reasons I preferred MonsterMadness, where monster frags do goto the team score...

...although, if you're not careful the monsters can win too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Loathsome: Thanks! I'll check that out! If it counts monster frags in team games then that'll be awesome!

I don't like coding as much because I don't have a definitive resource explaining it all to me, like a textbook or something. Sounds stupid maybe but whatever.
EDIT: I took some time to actually read the page you linked to. Damnit, Loathsome, why are you such a Uscript Boss!? How did you get to be that way? :gj:

EvilGrins: I've tried that mod before and, while I like how it actually places the monsters in a team, I don't always want to use stock U1 monsters and often prefer more of a challenge (EXU Pawns!). I've tried to change it around, much like I've done with TallyHo!, to see if I can change the code to use custom monsters, but to no avail.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

The guy that made MM didn't really design it for including others monsters into it.

Also has the slight drawback that if any of the Skaarj Military kill monsters on their own team with UT weapons, those monsters don't respawn.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758