Raffle is now running

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Raffle is now running

Post by JackGriffin »

I've had a couple of discussions via email about the contest and I think for this one it will just be a simple drawing. That's fair for everyone, so let's roll with it.

The raffle is now open

Please reply here and I'll add your name to the list. Let's run this for a week and have the drawing on February 3rd. I'll place each name on equal paper tiles, stir them up in a bowl, and then draw a single winner. I'll do this live via skype and anyone who wants to watch can certainly do so. I'll record it too and place it on YouTube. The winner will then be shipped the disks the next day to enjoy as they wish.
Pics and info: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4454

Good luck everyone.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
moonliten
Average

Re: Raffle is now running

Post by moonliten »

What sort of disks?
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Post by Jetlag »

moonliten wrote:What sort of disks?
moonliten, click on the link in JackGriffin's post for all the info.. Nice of you for doing this Jack.. What can we do to help?? I mean to raise awareness of this generous offer.. Should we post in other ut forums/communities?? Spread the word? Or do you want to keep it simple and only here??
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Totally your call Jet. It doesn't matter to me who gets the games because I bought them with the intention of raffling them off. This isn't meant as a membership drive for UT99.org either. People are welcome to email me and add their names if they want:
agutgopostal@hotmail.com

This is really just a tryout to see if this is a viable way to stir interest in the game. If there's a good response then I certainly have more planned.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

count me in :)
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

I would say that it should be people that Need the discs (do not have them), or would win them for others that do not have the discs.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Well, what a thing Jack! Great stuff indeed!

I will put my name in for the Na Pali disk (slobber!!), but if chosen will happily re-raffle the UT CDs; as Hook said however, my not needing the UT CDs may make me ineligible, in which case, no worries.

Also, as you are all aware, I had some good luck with finding boxed UTs myself (Korean, but what the hey!) and Jack, I would be willing to throw a retail box into the raffle if you like. Your call or we can wait for another time, another raffle.

Again, a great thing to do mate! :rock:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You are so added Carbon.

I understand the reluctance to enter if you have disks but this is supposed to be a fun thing so enter if you have three sets already. One more isn't going to make difference to a new player somewhere getting lost but it sure might get people talking and interested (which is my aim here).

This contest is open to everyone, no restrictions. If you want a shot just reply.
rizbef
Experienced
Personal rank: castle maps hoarder

Post by rizbef »

Can I enter? :)
It would be neat to have my own copy instead of calling up my dad to try and borrow his if I need something.
Also I think it's really nice of you to hold this raffle!
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You are all set rizbef. Good luck!
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

JackGriffin wrote:You are so added Carbon.

I understand the reluctance to enter if you have disks but this is supposed to be a fun thing so enter if you have three sets already. One more isn't going to make difference to a new player somewhere getting lost but it sure might get people talking and interested (which is my aim here).

This contest is open to everyone, no restrictions. If you want a shot just reply.
Well than call me in! I will however, re-raffle the UT CDs in the unlikely event that I am chosen. Don't worry folks, I tend not to get chosen in these things (hence I never buy lottey tickets!) so having me in the draw is probably of no consequence.

Thnaks again for doing this Jack. fun stuff!
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

So Jack....did you draw? I saw you were thinking of doing it on the 3rd....any winner yet?
MutedSlayerking
Average
Personal rank: UT N00B

Post by MutedSlayerking »

Oh crap :( did I miss it?
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm sorry guys, I've been a bit under the weather. Our car had some problems and I've spent the last couple of days trying to get it fixed. You know, real life stuff.

So here is how we can decide the winner right now. I have sent a numbered list of the people asking to be included into the raffle to Creavion. Now I will ask Ferali to please select a number between 1 and 100 and reply with that number to this thread. Crev will take that number and apply it to the list and reply back with the person who that number lands upon. That will be the winner.

Thank you two gentlemen for helping with this. I wanted to do a live drawing but I'm just not up for it. This is just as good and no one could argue the truthfulness of either Crev or Ferali. They are about as honest as people can get.

Good luck everyone!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, a number between 1 and 100...
I picked my favorite numbers: 5, 8, 9, 13 and 88, and randomized them, and the final result is:

I have no idea who has this number (or any other), but whoever that is, congratulations. :tu: