Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by Feralidragon »

Basically put, I made a second NW3 preview as requested by some people, where I show the Graviton, the cybots and even 2 nuclear explosions (Level 4 [=Megaton], and a very small bit of Level 5 [=UltimaProtos] at the end of the video).

If you're wondering when's the release date, I can't say for sure, it depends in my time, features to do and fixes.
Only a few weapons are left to finish as some features, so I think by August I may have something, but I cannot guarantee anything, as always.

For now, everything I can give is NW3 Preview 2 and a new weapon image:

[youtube]75H1kzKC7lY[/youtube]
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by >@tack!< »

holy holy holy holy² crap! I like that you chose the Strident music at end i forgot to mention that one, also the one in Coret is cool too but not suitable in vids i think. BUT NICE WORK! I never thought that this was possible in UT :p

EDIT: I wonder if some weapons are not OP and if playing games with this mod will be chaotic.

EDIT2: @5:08-5:09 when the nuke explodes did you do that zoom out and in FX within the mod or just VFX?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

>@tack!< wrote: EDIT: I wonder if some weapons are not OP and if playing games with this mod will be chaotic.
Depends on the settings. On release there is some stuff which can be simply disabled or toned down, but in general, given that more power means more ammo usage, sometimes slower firerate and even the difficulty in getting that enough ammo without getting killed, I would say they're not op, and as we know bots are quite the spammers, but so far it is just quite intense but not spammy/chaotic.
>@tack!< wrote: EDIT2: @5:08-5:09 when the nuke explodes did you do that zoom out and in FX within the mod or just VFX?
All the footage within the video is from the mod (taking out the text ofc), nothing was manipulated in the video, so yeah what you see is from the mod itself, and it occurs everytime the shock is a split of second about hitting you and then when it hits it returns back to normal, is a kind of "lens distortion" effect caused by the compression of the air due to the strength of the shockwave.
It was one of the ways I found so the player could be able to somewhat "feel" the shockwave in a more intense way.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Impressive work, man. I'm jealous :P
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

Feralidragon wrote:
>@tack!< wrote: EDIT2: @5:08-5:09 when the nuke explodes did you do that zoom out and in FX within the mod or just VFX?
All the footage within the video is from the mod (taking out the text ofc), nothing was manipulated in the video, so yeah what you see is from the mod itself, and it occurs everytime the shock is a split of second about hitting you and then when it hits it returns back to normal, is a kind of "lens distortion" effect caused by the compression of the air due to the strength of the shockwave.
It was one of the ways I found so the player could be able to somewhat "feel" the shockwave in a more intense way.
Epic!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

WICKED SICK!!!! I love it ....no really ...I do
the peek of the mega explosion at the end is a nice teaser!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

luluthefirst wrote:I don't know if you could use this music for nuclear explosion
He has already released the 2nd preview. I guess, you are too late.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

luluthefirst wrote:I know, but when he releases a 3rd one he could use that music.
Nah... its a full UT thingy... even the name is Unreal... About Nali's... why bring Crysis to this?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, Gen is right, plus the music wouldn't fit anyway, the styles are too different. But thanks for the sugestion luluthefirst. :)

Btw, there won't be a 3rd preview, the next video I release is with the pack release itself, in another words, the actual release trailer.
Also, making a preview 2 wasn't in my plans, it shouldn't even exist, but I had to create one as the pack is taking too long to be released and I don't want people to think the mod is dead or something.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Apropos people who thinking a mod could be dead... Gen back to work rohitggarg need more models and animations!!!

@ Ferali
I hope your mod will be a great success ...it's too uber cool. I love the Graviton "uh ...wait here is your redeemer I don't want it" :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

DEVELOPMENT PAUSED UNTIL JULY

Well it happens that yesterday the screen started really really dying, it flickers and f*cks up at some times as I write this, making it impossible to develop anything.
Ironically, I only wanted it too last this month, since next month I had already planned to buy a new laptop and send this one to warranty anyway.

So, how much delay will have the release? Although there are 2 weeks left to the month end and me buying a new laptop to work on, this pause until July will delay the release in about 1 month or 1 month and half, this because I had planned to boost development during next week (2 days free plus 2 days of the weekend), so August is no longer the month I wanted to achieve, I will most likelly have something ready only by late September or early October, "if"...

All I asked was this screen to last 2 more weeks, and yet I got once again screwed by hardware...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Oh dear, that has to suck without end. No wonder you kept mostly quiet. Understandable you have to worry about other things now ... but I hope you could back up anything important?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Like someone would say: "Safe data is safe".
Everything important is backed up, and within 2 weeks I should be "back in business", it just happens I won't have the same free time until late August (when I get 2 weeks of vacation, which I won't fully use for NW3 anyway ofc).

UPDATE:
I found out though that the screen stabilizes when it has enough room to reset the matrix output (when part of the background is black, meaning outputs of 0Volts to the screen).
When it's most bright in 75% of the margins, the screen f*cks up.
I attempted to reduce the brightness, but it gets worse actually, so it's really the lcd matrix controller f*cked up.
For instance, by setting my desktop background to black, and making the firefox page in a window with a black margin stabilized the visualization of the webpages and anything I throw to the window.

Plus, I just setup notepad++ to a "black style" which stabilized the screen as well while coding (I am used to "black style" at work since I use lots of consoles and sometimes "vim").
However, although I could stabilize this for now by figuring that the matrix outputs could be reseted and therefore not affecting the next line render, I cannot develop much, since I run UT at full screen, and in window mode it only runs good at 640x480, which means a quite small window to test stuff.

So, for all the effects, for now officially only in July I should be back to NW3 with a better machine, however until then I might still try to develop a small amount of stuff as I can, until the screen wins fully the battle against me.
Just 2 more weeks, that's all I asked to this damn laptop... :\
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Thats bad luck Feralidragon but on the other hand at least its 2 weeks not 2 mouths, this is why i hate laptops they break all the time i hate them(lol it sounds like your laptop is better shap then my sisters they like dropping it on the floor at least i know a thing or too about electronics to fix it most off the time) desktop pcs r the best off topic a bit so i will shut up now :agree1:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

This laptop has a screen problem since August last year, and it lasted a lot specially with the care I gave to it.
It all started with 1 line at the very bottom which was purplish and flickering, then 2, then 5 or 6 (in only 3 days), then it kept that way.
Some months later it expanded to about 14 lines, then it kept that way. (all the lines at the very bottom, forming a visible flickering bar).
A couple of months ago, 2 more lines and the screen was having sudden flickers which lasted 2 hours, then stabilized.
Yesterday, I was playing SLV in a server (long time no play), and when my favorite SLV map loaded up (KOA-TheChain) the screen flickered, and then flickered again, then 1 line at the top appeared, then 2, and then the screen f*cked up completelly, all this in a couple of seconds.

Rebooted, the screen was still flickering a lot, but about 20 minutes after reboot it stabilized but the new lines kept there, and are still there.
As I am writing this is now fully stable, but it just takes it to be shutdown for some moments to f*ck up again and I have to resort to the fix I described in my last post so I can at least see most of the screen (which is enough to watch videos and do other things).

This laptop is not that bad, but the support is beyong terrible, that's why I prefered to have the screen like this and still be able to work than send it to warranty (which ends in August). Plus, after I have a new laptop and after this one comes from warranty, I will give it to my mom so she can start to discover what all this stuff is about lol, and in case the new laptop gets to go to warranty, I will have this as backup machine to work on (since with the job I have now, is pretty much essencial have a working machine all the time).