Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
UT99.org

Re: Screenshots

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:how many shot you keep in your file system?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

That happens whenever you take a screenshot in a resolution which is not a multiple of 4.
I suggest that whenever you want to take WIP or other UT screenshots, to either do what I do and set the resolution to something like 1360x768 (instead of 1366), or use an external program to do so.
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

Ah so That's why this happens! Still I kinda like the effect it gives XD .
Sinnical
Average

Post by Sinnical »

FraGnBraG wrote:I still have the UTX available (it's a BIG package, and has all the detail textures assigned) but in my maps the textures are in MyLevel, so you'd have to reassign the detail textures if you export...
Is this different than the pack that's in Thadeus? I have that map, so I could save you the trouble. But if there's something more in the WoTabulous pack, I would take you up on that offer. It would be fun to play around with.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Sinnical wrote:
FraGnBraG wrote:I still have the UTX available (it's a BIG package, and has all the detail textures assigned) but in my maps the textures are in MyLevel, so you'd have to reassign the detail textures if you export...
Is this different than the pack that's in Thadeus? I have that map, so I could save you the trouble. But if there's something more in the WoTabulous pack, I would take you up on that offer. It would be fun to play around with.
Actually, the standalone utx contains more textures than were used in thadaus (i didn't use all of them). Because I put textures in MyLevel, I usually take a pass through a map replacing textures that are "close" in appearance to try and reduce the number of textures used (for example, if i'd used 3 base textures that were only slightly different in appearance, i would replace these with just one texture, thus reducing the overall size of the unr file.

Anyway, I'll post a link to a mediaFire DL for the WOTabulous demo (contains a demo dm map and the utx)

Cheers
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Hey Sinn,

Sorry so late, just got back to this PC today and then had to go get this off my backup drive, lol (yeah, it's _that_ old :P)

so here it is - WOTabulous demo zipfile... note that the demo DM map is a 1 hour hack of another map i was working on back in summer 2005 - it's nothing like a finished map but it does give a good look at the textures in the utx in game ... hope you find it useful :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8avza ... usdemo.zip

screenshot.jpg
Cheers
FnB
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Sinnical
Average

Post by Sinnical »

Thanks for taking the time, FNB!
I will dig in as soon as time allows.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

I like the architecture here, but everything about that screenshot just shouts "Worship the giant stone dildo" XD
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

VatcilliZeitchef wrote:I like the architecture here, but everything about that screenshot just shouts "Worship the giant stone dildo" XD
Maybe is there a Mrs. Stone Giant in this map... :ironic:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Ok, not exactly screenshots, but small videos on a map I never released and which I did back in 2008, and which I am planning to release soon for whoever wants it.
This map is bad, I really mean it, however I still like its concept (even though the execution was very poor). The concept is quite simple: a CTF with a MH sidequest, and some atmospheric feeling.
The MH sidequest grants an advantage to the team that finishes it first by unlocking another part of the map filled with powerful weapons, and which has portals that go straight to one of the Nali tribes or the CTF bases.

Videos:
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Every pawn has a custom behavior, set with patrol points, and there's a lot of neat stuff you can do that way.
Keep in mind this was done in a time I couldn't either map or mod properly (actually this map has no coding at all, thus it's something any novice mapper is able to do).
Sinnical
Average

Post by Sinnical »

Here's a look at where I'm at now. I'm working a new sunset/morning type skyzone. And the lighting isn't really there yet. But the texture and BSP are getting close. There's more I'd like to do, but the editor is crashing every 5 minutes or so now :( I really don't have any complicated brushes or anything, so I'm not sure what's up. But at any rate I'll probably just try to polish up what's there and call it done, before I get fed up and abandon the whole thing.

By the way FNB, the WoTabulous texpack is fabulous. It's been hard fighting off the urge to ditch this map and start over from the ground up :)
Attachments
Shot0006.jpg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wow ...I really dig your cathedral like brush work. Somehow do I like the nighttime sky-box combined with those textures.
You need a bright shining moon now :mrgreen:
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

I played today night in ZP COMBOINSTAGIB :D

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

...uh, ASLYE702? Wrong screenshot thread.

This one is for projects, the 'Screenshots for Fun' is for random fun time screenshots.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Ooops sorry :oops:
So project....
Here is my work in TOP view. Hard to see anything from that, but not talk about FraGnBraGs Orions Curse map :D
If I have more time I make more screenshot from the map. It's 70% right now.