Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Screenshots

Post by GenMoKai »

your sure its your first jungle map ? :P looks cool
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Post by Filipe »

your sure its your first jungle map ? looks cool
Yes :)
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Seems like crev is some inspiring guy...
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

A copy cat you are! Thats my style! :chainsaw:
No problem if you are using some of my stuff (textures, meshes) but that looks TO much like my Antalius. I just look at those giant trees... you dont have copied them, have you? (today I know how to make them better), seriously it really looks like you have copied parts of my map. If this should the case - and I will see that - than I will be pretty pissed of. There is no excuse about to copy THAT of other mappers work - specially without permission ..
Like I said.. textures, meshes, sounds, music whatever.. fine.. but not the goddamn level geometry. Thats an unwritten law under mappers.

*sigh* it seems requiered from now on to do the same as like the other mappers - delete the brushwork -_-

You play with fire... it can be dangerous!
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Someone here is either suicidal or immensely foolish.

It's hard to believe that someone uses others' stuff without asking first after what happened to Xenome (which was a sound example)... I myself would want to at least have an option to say whether I want my work used or not. No wonder Creavion is irritated by this...

Go get him, Crev. I might suggest you several ways of excrutiating torture... :P :satan:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Delacroix wrote:Go get him, Crev. I might suggest you several ways of excrutiating torture... :P :satan:
Indeed, there are many ways, but first let us wait, what the defendant has to say about this.. I am to curious!
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Filipe
Experienced

Post by Filipe »

Sorry i delete the map.

i dint copied any part of the map
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I have seen myself several jungle based maps, and most of them by Creavion even while developing, and I have to say that's hard to believe Filipe, specially considering your mapping skill.

Of course, the textures and meshes are free for everyone (specially since most of them were taken from other games like UT2004 for example), but the geometry, texture alignment and usage, and the way you placed the plants and so, everything sugests that you either got highly inspired or that you ripped off some map parts, but again, judging by your current mapping skills, I would say that you ripped stuff or at least copied it to the last detail.

Personally, I think Creavion wouldn't mind if you showed the shots to him first asking if you could continue it that way and in that style.

And btw, there are 2 mapping styles in the whole community that I can recognize without knowing directly who made them, and that's: Creavion and editor Dave, since they have their own developed style that you don't see anywhere else, so my reasons to doubt you.

So if someone rips editor Dave's or Creavion's work, they will know and at least I will as well since I know their style pretty well, which can be copied but not recreated by anyone else, simple as that. (when I mean style, I don't mean skill, I mean the way they build the geometry, align the textures and place the decoration, since if it was about skill, besides these 2, there many more mappers out there, but since many are quite alike in their styles, I can't recognize who did what, I can just say they're really good).
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Feralidragon wrote:Of course, the textures and meshes are free for everyone (specially since most of them were taken from other games like UT2004 for example), but the geometry, texture alignment and usage, and the way you placed the plants and so, everything sugests that you either got highly inspired or that you ripped off some map parts, but again, judging by your current mapping skills, I would say that you ripped stuff or at least copied it to the last detail
Mostly right, maybe there are a few expections (in general), but I dont mind if anybody uses meshes, textures or sounds of my maps but then the party is over. So feel free to use what I said but don`t play the copy cat. Play other games (older and newer ones) and try to find your own style.
About to be non-active
Filipe
Experienced

Post by Filipe »

Ive made the mountains and i dint copied them ( i can make terrain 5 times better than architecture)

Wait... ive made this in 20-30 minutes at some months ago

This is just a map with some mountains
http://www.filefront.com/16191301/DM-FFF.unr

believe if you want
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Looks fine, maybe you should "random" vertex-edit some of the lower mountain-polys into the direction of the grassy area, on this way the grass field would not look like a quad.
About to be non-active
Filipe
Experienced

Post by Filipe »

I was trying yo make a map between those tall mountains but id give up
Like i said ive made this some months ago and my skill wasnt like now.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

Creavion wrote:A copy cat you are! Thats my style! :chainsaw:
No problem if you are using some of my stuff (textures, meshes) !
OKEY,lets re-make Crysis for unreal, Jungle fight FTW XD
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

For Unreal it would be indeed possible, "Auto generated Actor Projector like Shadows", real Mesh collision, no disappearing movers anymore, fixed Bright corners bug, DXT texture support.. yes it would be possible to make something out of it. But don`t expect the impossible. :tongue:
About to be non-active
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Creavion wrote:For Unreal it would be indeed possible, "Auto generated Actor Projector like Shadows", real Mesh collision, no disappearing movers anymore, fixed Bright corners bug, DXT texture support.. yes it would be possible to make something out of it. But don`t expect the impossible. :tongue:
Naaa c'mon Creavion.... lets try an UTcry ...lots of jungle ...Water ...and Islands.