Other type of Mover/Lift Paths

Any kind of tutorial regarding U-Ed and mapping belongs here
sektor2111
Godlike

Other type of Mover/Lift Paths

Post by sektor2111 »

While a few tutorials are "explaining" HowTo without pointing what Polge was saying and miss-leading new mappers on a wrong way, I think I can get over some rules in pathing a fast lift and introducing another way - using blind custom teleporters with self-protection against "fixing" every single Teleporter, even those educated for linking spots out of Teleporting purpose. MyLevel assets can be kidnapped elsewhere at will.
DM-LiftPaths_Extra1.7z
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Short description:
- Mover is moving Fast and Bot is not supposed to wait in Lift being a very easy target;
- Mover has attached under bottom a FearSpot on purpose to prevent in big parts stepping under Lift and being crushed or making a mess with Mover/Lift;
- Paths are getting connected over mover without to call Mover's specific A.I. routines because it doesn't use any "Marker".

We can spectate one Bot and maybe Two what they do or what they don't do...

These paths are applied using DevPath from Editor aka "Paths Define" command and nothing else like work for Paths manually - in 2021 we do have these extra-options which might be harder to figure for those boys writing fake news in their tutorials and for sure 100% not reading FACTORY tutorials.

Here I will complete what else is usable out of normal methods.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Other type of Mover/Lift Paths

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump: I found the story Blue vs Red - concerning paths representation and recommendations.
Red_Vs_Blue_Stories.PNG
Let's see a stage heading from PlayerStarts location to several items Location using two routes: A long route and a short route but... a RED short route.
It says that Bot follows the red path when has no other options. In this case Bot has "alternate" options but... like I stated X times, Bot follows the shortest road if this road is valid because Bot doesn't care about colors fantasies. If we talk about a monster then Yes, Traffic Lights are RED for him. Red Path means a narrow path, Blue path means a NORMAL path. Narrow or Normal Bot is picking the shortest route and nothing else unless you are increasing the cost of RED path and then Pawn won't walk over there.
Demonstration ON:
DM-Dem_Red_VS_Blue.7z
Testing stage: Spectating 1 and/or 2 Bots.
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Demonstration OFF - Q.E.D.

Edit: My Amnesia - I forgot to reveal Paths data... with a newer "DescribeSpec" option...
RedVsBlue.7z
Full ReachSpecs description in Human Readable Format.
(882 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times
Edit no. 2: Extras
Actually Engine in plain format can handle some "RED PATHS" if these are having R_FLY flag which in 2021 can be mapped without problems. If these aerial routes are having valid collision data it's not like a monster flying cannot follow alarms or patrols. EG asked from me some CTF action concerning UTDMW known as Warlord players which are ScriptedPawns. It's not like a Warlord (even improved and errors spam cleaned out) cannot capture Flags. Later I was informed that is difficult to stop those Warlords confirming what an old man said: Watch out at your requests, they might come into reality and you won't like that.