Pros and Cons of Necrobumping

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Pros and Cons of Necrobumping

Post by Red_Fist »

In my mind there is no such thing, should not be an issue , zero, none, I have no clue why anyone would care or want to close threads or have one thought about it, makes no sense at all.

for me it's a matter of record and finding an old thread that has what you are thinking, years later, is a good thing, and then commenting with new info or a new question, 10,000 years from now.
Binary Space Partitioning
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Ima fan of necrobumping :p
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

makemeunreal wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm But for real, is Necrobumping really that big of a problem?
Necrobumping is annoying, not because the subject comes back after years, but because, in my experience, most of the time, the bump is a new member with 3 posts adding "Yeah lol" or "That's fun, I like it" to a 12 years old post about a problem someone encountered using a mod which has since had 25 versions and now runs on a different game.
Someone unearthing a 20 years old thread to post "Attention people, this long time issue has now been solved, here's the process..." is always welcomed.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It depends on the "nourishment" a post has which exhume a thread.
You want to ask a question to a 20 year old issue, why not open a new thread and link to the long time dead thread where most people in this thread have either left the community or fixed the problem long time ago... Where the "fix" might be already outdated.

You want just to thank someone for that lifesaving "fix" ... that's what the Image is for.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:39 pm It depends on the "nourishment" a post has which exhume a thread.
You want to ask a question to a 20 year old issue, why not open a new thread and link to the long time dead thread where most people in this thread have either left the community or fixed the problem long time ago... Where the "fix" might be already outdated.

You want just to thank someone for that lifesaving "fix" ... that's what the Image is for.

Well now that is a good valid point, all those old users not seeing it and won't reply.
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

While I am technically an adult, this never ceases to amuse me — just gonna leave it here in case the Admins need it later:

NECROBUMP.jpg
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Yes but, He has questions, lolzz