Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: Screenshots

Post by Hook »

Creavion wrote:If you want that as DM map, you either can ask him to make a DM map similar looking from the visual aspect, but adapted to DM/botmatch gameplay
That is all I asked. :|

Yes, I agree with all the points you just posted.
I wasn't saying anything about quality or whatever, just would like a DM version is all.
No problem at all if the author does not want to do a DM version.
The map looks like a good fit from what I could see.
Sorry if I offended anybody.. :shock:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

If thats the case, then everything is right. I dont feel offended, why should I, I experienced much worse situations in the past (in terms of debatting). Like I said I am only worried about the attitude of many current modders to come with cheap fast produced bullshit. I just felt it seemed requiered to explain why something is not always possible. You see, I take this serious, sometimes a little bit too much...
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

just some story:
i was working on my bigger project lately: a DM, a CTF and a AS map that took place somewhat in the same environment. The concept is that the full map is composed of zones, lets say, zone A, B, C, D, E, F and G. For example DM map uses the A B D sections, Assault map is ACEF, and CTF is CDEFG. Also most sections are modified for each maptype, for examples objects are relocated and certain doors may be closed within the same zone. Access to the "non existing" zones also sealed off. All this crap must feel natural, of course.
Moreover i plan to give all three map different mood and setting, that means differently rendered sky cube maps, difeent lighting, somewhat different effects.

Now i have ~60-70% of the final layout ready, and almost the whole complete thing is in my head. It took much time to figure out the plans, and make sketches. I have a lot to do with decos, lightings, effects, must make bunch of new textuers. I also have zero botpathing. And after all, all this sit must be tested.
I hope some of you can help me with that, letting it be played on some server.
It may be ready at the end of the summer, or so...
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

... but you are not trying to get anythin in one map (file), dont you? Maybe this is a case for Ferali. In any case you can let show up your map only on one of those 3 gametypes.

*worked with calling of GenMoKai as well*
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

Creavion wrote:... but you are not trying to get anythin in one map (file), dont you? Maybe this is a case for Ferali. In any case you can let show up your map only on one of those 3 gametypes.

*worked with calling of GenMoKai as well*
sure i dont want to get anything in one map :).
I wanted to say that even if all three map are in the same environment, technicaly they will bee three completely diferent map.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

In this case you would just have to build 3 maps which "fake-share" the same content. Actually I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish, it does not make any sense to me.
About to be non-active
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

Now i do not understand exactly what do you mean by fake sharing, but sure it will make sense when it will be out at last :).
Something, just how the first rooms of the Portal 1 and 2 are the same scenario.
1 or 2 screenshots are coming within days, since some parts are staring to look pretty, hence screenshotable.

(((Still I think there is a lot of contorversion in just converting a map into another.)))

Also i have a small problem, but i do not know ehether there is a thread for such things, so anyway:
In certain zones decals and blood splashes are not drawn. Also, carcass chunks get destroyed almost immediately. Is it some bug, or does the engine deliberately do this due to lack of resources? What may caouse this? Can it be turned on/off manualy?

I am suspicious cos i experience some low fps in that zone either. Though, there are lot of faces there and complicated geometry, also some mist, panning textures and a few meshes...
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Creavion wrote:*worked with calling of GenMoKai as well*
Uhm what? Must i comment soon about that shot and stuff thingy? Wednesday i try to post something usefull there
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

GenMoKai wrote:
Creavion wrote:*worked with calling of GenMoKai as well*
Uhm what? Must i comment soon about that shot and stuff thingy? Wednesday i try to post something usefull there
I am not sure if I get what you mean and thus I am not sure if you got what I meant: In fact you "appeared" with "did somebody call me" when I mentioned your name. So I dont know what you mean else?
About to be non-active
Ginko
Average
Personal rank: Curmudgeon

Post by Ginko »

... Screenshots, huh... well that's what Im here for:

Wombo is done, well... Im done with Wombo:

ginko
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

looks pretty awesome ;) ginko :tu:

Creavion wrote:I am not sure if I get what you mean and thus I am not sure if you got what I meant: In fact you "appeared" with "did somebody call me" when I mentioned your name. So I dont know what you mean else?
Hmm i dont understand neither what you mean now... but oke, lets forget that, i give a comment about that stuff about that previous page
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

So, some sreenshots:

first picture is featuring Revelation's awsome sunhalo/lense flare actor. It's pretty cool when you get dazzled by the sun when exiting a cavern :)
Clipboard33.jpg
While the first picture was shot from the bridge, the secound was taken of the same canyon and spillway whilst standing underneath and a bit behind that bridge.
Clipboard34.jpg
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Thats lookin' awesome!
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Owke... that looks just really really really cool!!! I want to see it in the editor! :D give me a feeling of FarCry as well
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

This reminds me of the sun effect of True-Combat ... very cool ... I want this actor too.