CrossDot Crosshairs with black outline

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Berserker
Experienced

CrossDot Crosshairs with black outline

Post by Berserker »

This is a crosshair texture pack with black outlines. These crosshairs will work on 469c patch and higher. To make the black outlines work offline and online, you will have to turn off the "Translucent Crosshair" checkbox under HUD options. If you decide to go back to the default UT crosshairs with no black outline, then you need to turn that checkbox on, otherwise there will be a huge black box on your screen.

Important note: These crosshairs work fine online, however, if a server has an old or outdated ACE version, then the black outlines will not be visible. Afaik, these crosshairs should work with ACE 1.3a and newer.

How to install?
Installation is exactly the same as any other crosshair installation. The only difference is disabling Translucent Crosshair in order to make the black outlines visible. There is also a detailed ReadMe guide inside the zip file.
Attachments
CrossDot Crosshairs.zip
(230.81 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: CrossDot Crosshairs with black outline

Post by papercoffee »

ohhhh nice ...my eyesight getting worse because of sitting too much in front of monitors :mrgreen:
This might be helpful.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Amazing work, they look awesome!
Thanks Berserker!
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

these are really cool, thanks for sharing. is there any kind of tutorial out there or rules on how to make these? I'd love to give it a go
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

darkbarrage99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 pm these are really cool, thanks for sharing. is there any kind of tutorial out there or rules on how to make these? I'd love to give it a go
Old method:
I used Masked textures for this texture pack. I did this the old way, where you have to index your crosshair texture so it can generate a colormap palette. Then, you have to re-arrange the colormap, so the crosshair becomes masked with transparency. For example, I've used the green color as a mask. I have re-arranged the green color and put it on index#0. Masked textures in Ued use the first index#0 color from the colormap palette.

The reason why I used this old method is because these crosshairs can work on old renderers like the Software Renderer and the original D3D Renderer, but who uses these old renderers now days anyway. If you don't care about them, then there is an even easier method to import masked textures simply by using a transparent PNG.

New method using transparent PNG:
This is a better method, which I would recommend for most people. When you're importing PNG textures in Ued, please make sure your patch version is up to date, because there are old 469 builds (for example 469b) which had broken PNG import.
Here is the transparent PNG image:

You simply launch Ued and open the Texture browser, then File -> Import and open your transparent PNG crosshair. After that, turn Masked textures on and turn off Gen MipMaps (crosshairs don't need MipMaps).
Here are the import settings:

After that, we can save the texture pack from File -> Save and we are done.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image