DM-KVARTAL

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: DM-KVARTAL

Post by Dr.Flay »

Animal_Pack1
It's less than a meg once RARed.
Here is my copy plus a run-down of the animals.

This is made by whoever makes the WS scenery and "random stuff" packs.
Attachments
WS_Animal_PACK1.rar
(969.82 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
KekC
Average

Post by KekC »

Map is updated to version 1.1 (added birds).

Dr.Flay
Thanks for small package, it's cool.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote: In the mean-time "enjoy" the map with the TWT Zombie mutator :satan:
http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/View.ph ... 3485#Files
I think you may end-up making a dawn/dusk or night version :wink:
can someone please modify the TWT Zombie mutator?
1. they are too slow ...I like 'em nowadays much faster. (more a challenge)
2. Zombies don't do stairs ...lazy people, what are they pop-stars?
3. Not bloody enough. ...to plain white and clean.

Or even better did a version already exist ...where I can change those things?

Ok Btt... I don't know but somehow I know your map from Cs1.6... am I right?
Nice brushwork ...and yeah would be really cool if you could go into more buildings.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:Animal_Pack1
It's less than a meg once RARed.
Here is my copy plus a run-down of the animals.

This is made by whoever makes the WS scenery and "random stuff" packs.
screenshot http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... f=51&t=825
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote: In the mean-time "enjoy" the map with the TWT Zombie mutator :satan:
http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/View.ph ... 3485#Files
I think you may end-up making a dawn/dusk or night version :wink:
can someone please modify the TWT Zombie mutator?
1. they are too slow ...I like 'em nowadays much faster. (more a challenge)
2. Zombies don't do stairs ...lazy people, what are they pop-stars?
3. Not bloody enough. ...to plain white and clean.

Or even better did a version already exist ...where I can change those things?

Ok Btt... I don't know but somehow I know your map from Cs1.6... am I right?
Nice brushwork ...and yeah would be really cool if you could go into more buildings.
Last update zombies 3 http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=1624
Forum question http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2542683
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

@Medor
Damn, I wish I had known there was a newer version! I have been using this mutator in almost all my games.

@Papercoffee
The original idea of this mutator is that Zombies are supposed to be like "old-school" slow zombies (that's why there are so many)
They are used in most games as an "extra".

--Imagine you run into a building to get a weapon or a higher view, in the middle of a deathmatch or CTF.
The doorway is clear... the room is clear...
You take your spot at the window and wait for the enemy, making note of a few wandering zombies.
Cool, they're no threat right now.
Here comes the other team, and you start racking-up the head-shots, and multi-kills.
Now the enemy have worked out where you are...
It's time to leave, grabbing the ammo in the room on your way down stairs, and changing to a close-range weapon, for the expected frag-fest outside.
You turn the corner at the bottom of the stairs to find...
you are now trapped in the building by all those "easy", slow-moving, non-threatening, b*stards.
Do you find another exit or waste your ammo, while people are hunting you?

They are supposed to be annoying and in your way, rather than the object of the game (not like left 4 dead, etc.).
I understand your need for faster more varied zombies. I also had this need.
My solution was to make a dedicated zombie bank in my MonsterSpawn config, adding every zombie type from every zombie mod I have.
That way I get a lot of different Zombie-styles at the same time.
You can look through my config I attached to the "Berserk Monsters" thread.

TIP: If you are using Relics or similar pickups in a map, you can use the zombies to harvest lots of health, if you are holding a vampire type item.
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Damn, I wish I had known there was a newer version! I have been using this mutator in almost all my games.
remember to read here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... m.php?f=51 for all news updates my utfiles http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

medor wrote: remember to read here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... m.php?f=51 for all news updates my utfiles http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles
Cool, I have used your site a few times.
Can you switch on an RSS feed for the site?
I have so many sites to follow, I use RSS feeds in Opera browser as much as possible.

Is there a difference between the Zombies and MallZombies ?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Is there a difference between the Zombies and MallZombies ?
no it's just the man who have update and change the name for mistake

i'm going to see rss if it's not to hard to do
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

@KekC
:tu: Nice edit, the birds definitely make the map feel more real.
I am curious, why you have placed all the birds at the roof of the map?

:idea: I would suggest thinking about where the birds would be most at home. This will make it feel even more realistic.

I use the Seagulls near water, cliffs or large flat roofs. If you place them low enough to the water and set "Circle=False", when they will dive into the water it looks like they are fishing (putting bitterfish in the water adds to the illusion)
Geese at high altitude (usually set to fly in a circle) or near water, or open grassland.
Crows around high roof tops (circling), tall trees, or dark places (graveyard etc. they add dynamic sound)
Songbirds in and around trees, small trees and shrubs. Sometimes near huts or small buildings in jungle maps.
Sparrows like it in bushes and shrubs, or small trees. Also around the corners or edges of the roofs of small buildings/houses. They are also useful inside open structures like barns or derelict/empty buildings (Swallows and some Sparrows roost in the roofs of buildings like barns).
Butterflys in bushes.
I try not to mix too many types of noisy animals near each-other, that way you can use the sound-cues to remind you where you are in a big map.

:idea: I would put the geese flying along the woodland at the side of the map (maybe some rabbits)
Sparrows in or around the bushes, the corners of the school type buildings.
Songbirds in or around the trees (maybe 1 or 2 above the big area of shrubs/bushes)
Crows along the woodland above or around the tops of the tall buildings ( :wink: I sometimes use a circling crow to mark an important weapon or location).
Seagulls over the schools is the only place that I can think of, that fits (it's probably all the dropped food they're after).
Butterflys in the bushes, especially the big area of bushes/shrubs.
Rats and Swarms of flies or the deadbody flyswarm are good to show if a room or area smells bad, or you want to make somewhere feel rotting. Back-alleys or the back of certain buildings around bins etc.

:?: Last night I was watching a game in spectator mode and following the bots around. There is a lift/elevator that the bots keep getting killed in. Is this a booby-trapped lift, or a bug?
KekC
Average

Post by KekC »

2 Dr.Flay
I posted a couple of birds in the center of the courtyard (big and small), and in the second courtyard, at the seventh floor. A roof over the main building a few small birds, as there are often players. Also located on the roof can be well seen in the distance a large bird, and a little bad, but being in the middle of the yard you can watch birds at several levels, which looks more realistic. Also on the big open spaces far easier to see the big bird. :wink:
Lift your bottom can crush a bot (which is normal), sometimes a second elevator is not working and the bot will die went into it (this is a bug game), and the first elevator in the main building can be called from floor to floor or desired by going into him can be reached at the sixth floor or the first one (this one elevator does not work (I think that the blame for causing the trigger to drive the elevator on the sixth floor), but the bots do not). Also, the first elevator was inside the door and while it was possible to reach the desired floor, the internal doors are also open, but sometimes do not move synchronously with the elevator and closed, so I removed them (and they were managing triggers can be a problem there) .
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Ahh, I must have missed some of the birds in the editor. I tend to use the Sparrows at a very low level (usually at head-height)
And yes, I agree with you on using the big birds in the high, open areas (good use of the Geese, and the original Unreal bird). I do still think the woodland needs some life along it (that is also why I suggested the Geese go there, as it's big and empty).

I will have to keep an eye on my team around the lift !
This map is so cool as a Zombie map. It is perfect for it.

BTW. I love the use of rat, but he must be lonely :lol2:

For those who find the long roads too long, try a vehicle mod :wink:
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I keep getting killed entering the lift I saw the bots die in.
Does anyone have any help or suggestions for KekC to squish the lifts bug?

@Medor
Thanks for filling out the summon commands properly, in your re-packaged Animal_Pack1 :tu:
That was lazy of me.
I will do better (but at least I referenced where I found it).
KekC
Average

Post by KekC »

2 Dr.Flay
Open ElevatorMover (who tag lift2_01), go Mover properties and change bUseTriggered on True and Save the map. That will work, but first elevator works bad, but bots not used him. Report me if the second elevator works bad. If all the ok i replace downloading links.

Who know new effects on UT99 i may be used on this map (mirrors, glow, animated textures, elevators, etc)?
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Cool, I'll try this tonight.