FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

Higor
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, release 11)

Post by Higor »

Monsterhunt gametype plugin updated (and fixed).

Goes in System/Botz/

Changes:
BotZ will attempt to finish the map if a path to the end is possible.
BotZ will target very strong monsters of no path to end.
Initial orders automatically set to attack.
Fixed usage of a deleted function in main FerBotz.u.
Attachments
MonsterHuntUBZFV.u
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Compiled the DLL with VC++ 2008.
Wonder if it's any good...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I think it would be interesting to have a Team-Monster-Hunt setup which would pit clients versus ferbotz. Basically for every client join/exit a ferbotz would be added/removed.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I bet the TeamBot mutator could be modified to do that. Dunno if source is included with that mutator, even though I have
been using it for years on my AS/DM server.
blarg
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Looks like I'm on my own with the linux build, I'll try something...

In the meantime.
ReachSpecs are now either marked as swim-only and fly-only depending on the path node's conditions, this should prevent mantas from trying to followme through the water.
(yeah, even dumb monsters follow you on these botz nodes).

As soon as I find a way to fix a path shortening issue (making botz pick the wrong place to jump in dangerous platforms) I'll start the basic air node support.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:you went to DLL a while back didn't you? and now require a serverpackage. This is a good move making it linux compatible again. AnthraX quote went something like he will help with DLL but not .so files so you are out of luck there. I've been slightly following this project, I wanted to ask if you were able to look at the UXB bot source and get the bot combat skills bouncing flak and ripper off vectors where appropriate instead of aiming right for the opponent. This is going back to the bot's combat skills instead of designing them play siege, monsterhunt, rocketX etc. Good luck and do whatever you have to. I think it would be better in the long run to get your older version and reverti back to no DLL files or serverpackages and working on a single version compatible with both OS types. Having said that the remote bots of old would require a whole new gametype (serverpackage) so maybe I am asking a bit much
Higor
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, release 11.5)

Post by Higor »

This is a simple maintenance release.

- Changes from version 11.5:
Refined the path shortening to reduce jumping into unreachable platforms.
Improved kicker handling.
Rewrote Domination control point handling and gametype plugin, supports up to 64 points.
Improved MegaDomination compatibility.
Fixed MonsterHunt gametype plugin.
================== NATIVE ONLY:
Non-swimming creatures won't try using underwater BotZ nodes.
Air-only reachspecs can be generated now (still no air nodes present for that)

Side note:
Any cool maps without pathnodes you might want to see working with bots?
PS: I'm not pathing the SunSpire!... yet
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

This is getting really exciting. Can't believe that soon botz will have air navigation support for all the cool jet packs and such. Gonna get my mates and start playing all the cool maps that feature them. Its going to be way better to play 8v8 with botz rather than a 3v3 on those giant maps :lol2:
Higor wrote:Any cool maps without pathnodes you might want to see working with bots?
PS: I'm not pathing the SunSpire!... yet
I will probably end up edit the whole map by placing heavily armed jets and such so that I can get some extreme action with 10-15 botz.
Though, is it going to be possible that botz will just follow me around as a support pawn on SP maps, even if I'm using a jetpack?

A bit off topic stuff:
TeamAi in my opinion still needs something. Suggestion:
-Botz on the offensive would sometimes stick to the most equipped (Armor, Shield Belt and health) bot when trying to attack an enemy base. That way, when trying to infiltrate an enemy base they could gain more momentum and be more effective in perhaps penetrating the defense.
^any good?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Do you know any mod with jetpacks?
Post them here, or at least the links to them.
This way I'll figure out a way to make them use these items.

Mods with jets...
Man I remember those, I gotta look around my old MH caches and dig some of the older versions here.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

I can't seem to find anything to do with jetpacks. Though, I'm sure that there was something....
As for the jets/planes themselves.... its completely the opposite.

Tomorrow, I will look at a few old SP campaigns to see if they got something interesting.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

I choose this mutator (Activate BotZ) and I try it, but not see change...
What I do now?
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

ASLYE702 wrote:I choose this mutator (Activate BotZ) and I try it, but not see change...
What I do now?
After selecting the mutator and getting to the notification screen telling you to "press start to begin", open your console and type the command 'mutate addbotz.' This will spawn a bot with a random setting, while the command 'mutate botzmenu' provides you with a GUI screen which basically allows you to control many different aspects of the bot itself. Its really similar to the options menu that the regular bots have. The GUI is in Spanish so I suggest using a translator if you don't know the language too well. :tu:
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I never made a good BotZ adding interface.
If you wanna add heaps of BotZ quickly, you can always resort to the faction mode.

MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION THUNDER_CRASH (number) (team-number) (optional)

example:
If you're on blue, you may want to do something like this.
MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION THUNDER_CRASH 5 1
MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION DARK_PHALANX 6 0

Or, if you want the same faction, simply change the team number:
MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION THUNDER_CRASH 3 1
MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION THUNDER_CRASH 4 0
Just remember that each faction has a limited amount of BotZ, so they may not show up after 10 or so.

The factions are defined in the FerBotz.INT file, using a self made system.

The extra faction XC_Force requires a skin I made (I borrowed a couple of faces tho), I can post it up on the first post if you want it :lol2:

EDIT:
Don't try using the faction manager before the very first frame (unpause your game if you just loaded it).
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Trying to reduce the amounts of hack fixes and making the code simpler.
I'm moving part of the SetEnemy() code into the gametype plugins (which is sorta like Bot does with it's own SetEnemy too).
That should simplify a lot specifying what to attack and what not to.

Another thing I'm gonna add into the plugins is a function to handle 'Objective markers', in theory, objective markers would be simple navigation points but once processed ingame, these would do different things based on gametype.
In MonsterHunt for example, these could insert a dynamic MonsterWaypoint actor so that the BotZ could finish unmarked objectives.

Dodge waypoints are already working, although I'm having a difficult time finding maps where to add these.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

I will wait for the download and will look at a few maps that might use this feature. Really excited on that air node path making system for botz, but how much work has been completed?

You might want to consider eventually adding support for sw_jump pads, since a lot of maps now use them. :tu: