.:: PSYCHO | MULTI-SERVER ::.

Discussions about Servers
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: .:: PSYCHO | INTERNATIONAL - DM/CTF SERVERS ::.

Post by papercoffee »

What? ...my mods (& mutators) are not running in online play ...or do they? And I use a Skaarj-Hybrid skin ...nothing special.
I got no error message only disconnects after 4 seconds or shorter.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I will have to test again. Wises may be correct.
Pretty sure I did have my user configured as a nalicow, with a skin that is most likely not
on his server. Will switch it to a default soldier or something, and try again.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

shouldn't he then have activated "no monsters" ? ...this way will everyone switch on his server to a soldier skin.
Now I'm confused.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

yeah not sure what happened there .. but I need to redo them as alot of players tend to crash on them :\

need to do some maintenance on them..

surely you guys have played on other servers with ACE installed?.. it is very common these days and is pretty much stock.

also re: Pure.. because NewNet is a Hybrid of Pure7E (I believe) which ever version the source was released for ... then it is likely that the modding for pure fun is still alive and kicking.

will ask Tim-_- he he can add an allow packages to his newnet (hybrid) thingy for future use.

try using normal skin for now...

sorry for inconvienece .. have had a lot ... of new players online lately..

@paper ..

Code: Select all

bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
I have this like this on purpose because some maps have monsters in them and this allows them to be made visible :)
it is your custom skins that are getting you kicked I think.. try std skin and let me know if you can connect.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Update:

Tried today with default commando skin. Still the same crash.
Something that might help track it down.
I crash with the exact same NPLoader error when I tried to connect to that
Japan server you posted about.

Note I am able to connect to various other servers, including one that runs that League Assault v140.
blarg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

ahh I see .. something is not agreeing with your install , either pure/ace one of the 2... as we both run NewNet..and ace that could be the problem , Lets Try the Official PUB NewNet Server to confirm this theory.This one has both as well...

try this server : 74.91.123.91:7777

if same thing happens then its some kinda mod conflict.. so lets also try a non newnet server with just ace installed actually as it could be an ACE Problem..

try this one as well: 69.93.101.77:7777

see how we go.. most ppl have no problems.. if you had a stock install / .ini then you would probably get straight through on all servers.. only a select few can't get in.. and usually this is the case.

Edited
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Exact same Critical Error crash for both of them....

Seems as if a nice message to the client indicating what is causing the conflict would be better.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Got even with an default skin disconnected or connection timed out. After 3 tries in a row did my PC freeze in the UT main menu. After restart did I go on a MH server. sorry.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

This server is very cool but sadly I can't play with 300 ping :(
GG Wises :D
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@paper I think one more thing to try.. switch renderer.. i think thats what got loathesome in?

@ALYSA no worries was a GG!

slowly getting things / kinks ironed out.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...what the hay, do my client side renderer (OpenGL) have to do with the connectivity??? ...I had never any errors.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

nevermind bro.. youre not missing anything tbh.
cheers. Try those other servers above .. if you can connect to them no probs then its server_side issues.. if not.. (same error) then its client_side..

:/
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

I was using the custom OpenGL that comes with the EXU2 Open Beta mod. Was able to connect when I switched to
my other OpenGL. (One of the newer ones I think.... v. 2.1.2)

Also, two of the things you have running on there are horribly broken. No idea what they are supposed to do, but they are broken. Horribly.
GlobalUnrealv0_5f and GlobalWeaponsv0_5f.

After I got done playing last night, I checked out my log file. It is HUGE. 9.09mb 78,648 lines.

Here is a tiny sample:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][Advanced.bbTMale0 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.PreRender:000E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][Advanced.bbTMale0 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.PreRender:000E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][Advanced.bbTMale0 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.ClientSpawnCarcass:02A2) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][Advanced.bbTMale0 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.ClientCannotShoot:0064) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][Advanced.bbTMale0 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.ClientCannotShoot:0064) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][.bbTMale15 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.PreRender:000E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Deck16][.bbTMale15 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.PreRender:000E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden DM-Deck16][.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden0 (Function GlobalWeaponsv0_5f.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden.Explode:0011) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden DM-Deck16][.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden0 (Function GlobalWeaponsv0_5f.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden.Explode:0061) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden DM-Deck16][.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden0 (Function GlobalWeaponsv0_5f.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden.Explode:0011) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden DM-Deck16][.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden0 (Function GlobalWeaponsv0_5f.NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden.Explode:0061) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.SetTimes:0007) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.SetTimes:000F) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.SetTimes:001B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.SetTimes:0023) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.ClientCannotShoot:0064) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: bbTMale1 DM-Stalwart.bbTMale11 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.bbPlayer.ClientCannotShoot:0064) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PureSuperDuperUberConsole Transient.PureSuperDuperUberConsole2 (Function GlobalUnrealv0_5f.PureSuperDuperUberConsole.Fire:004C) Accessed None
You should jank those things off your server..... :ironic2:
blarg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

yes i know about those errors.. they are there from the beginning.. but for the sake of smoothish gameplay we persist.thats what you can expect on all newnet servers.. except maybe that japanese one.. i must sus that out again.... is built on an older vrsoon pre globaluneal.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

If it is still kicking out errors like that, it is nowhere near done or ready for any live testing IMHO.
blarg